Reading goal and book review

After reading this post by LP and how he set a reading goal of 1 book a week, I was inspired. I don't think I can read that much as I have work on weekdays and sometimes on weekends as well, but I have a Kindle and I will read as much as possible when I am commuting to and fro places.

How do you set a goal that will keep you motivated throughout a long period of time, such as a year? I guess setting an ambitious goal, but yet attainable goal would fit. As such, I will follow LP, and also set a reading goal of 1 book a week.

Furthermore, I will also write a short book review at the end of each book, so that I can refer to it the next time when I want, and also for you to understand and digest the book without actually reading the entire book. These book reviews will be in a separate category called "Book Reviews" and you can find them through the header at the top.
Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

Write comments
la papillion
AUTHOR
10 January 2017 at 00:11 delete

Haha, lazy singaporean being hardworking, tsk tsk, so unbecoming... lol!

Hey, I work 7 days a week too ;) Just set yourself 30 mins to read, then 1 hr, then 1.5 hrs. Cut short on other stuff like youtube, random internet surfing, tv etc. Bring your kindle while commuting, while lunch, while waiting for others. I'm sure you can do it :)

For 1 book per week, the trick is to do 15% of the book per day. For a normal sized 200 page book, that's about 30 pages plus minus. Looking forward to your notes :)

"https://sivers.org/book" is the most comprehensive short notes for books I've ever seen. Maybe it could be your inspiration? haha

Reply
avatar
10 January 2017 at 07:41 delete

1 book per week may be too much for me. Furthermore, spending time reading quality books is important than reading any book. For me, nowadays I seldom read books in investments unless it's very good because I realise most concepts shared are repetitive across different books.

Reply
avatar
caifanman
AUTHOR
10 January 2017 at 22:53 delete

Investment books do get repetitive after some time so I've moved on to other books which are very interesting for me as well. Personally, I try to spend my travelling time to read since I find that I waste my traveling time just stoning or looking around on the train. Let's try my best and see how far I can go!

Reply
avatar
caifanman
AUTHOR
10 January 2017 at 23:05 delete

Your post really inspired me LP. 52 books in a year is really impressive and I hope to achieve it too.

I find that my time is wasted commuting and since I already have a Kindle, I can make better use of it. Got to take up your idea of extending it to waiting time as well. These times can be really long.

Just took a look at the website, and it's quite a neat collection. Just so happened that the man had rated 10/10 for the book I just finished reading. Will find time this week to write a post on it.

All the best for your reading goal too!

Reply
avatar